MASH proliferates in Hamburg with new Bistro restaurant
Press release: Copenhagen Concepts, who own the MASH restaurants, will open a new restaurant in Germany on September 1st. A bistro version of Le Sommelier will open in the joined venue with MASH Hamburg to strengthen the offer for guests in the area. The opening will create synergy for both restaurants, says MASH Director, Jesper Boelskifte.
After three years on the harbour in Hamburg, the team behind MASH are now expanding the choices for guests in the area by adding a bistro restaurant on the same address. It will be a bistro version of the renowned, and now closed, Le Sommelier in Bredgade, Copenhagen, which has been a huge succes in Düsseldorf, where the bistro is located next door to MASH in the great Hyatt House Hotel.
Now Sommelier is also coming to Hamburg as an all-day restaurant concept with a relaxed interior and cosmopolitan vibe. A concept which fits well with the busy merchant streets, airports and busy junctions with an audience who prefer high quality and service. MASH Founder and CEO Jesper Boelskifte is excited about a strong constellation on the harbour in Hamburg:
– The combination of MASH and an all-day dining concept like Sommelier has been shown to work really well in Düsseldorf. The good experiences we have from Düsseldorf, we’re bringing with us to Hamburg, where er know the neighborhood and the guests in the area well, Jesper Boelskifte says.
– MASH has done really well, but we actually see even greater potential in having both a MASH and a Sommelier on the same address, since we can then serve even more guests with different needs throughout the day, just as we can create synergies in the kitchen, regarding purchases and with manning the two restaurants, Jesper Boelskifte explains.
Accounts shaped by investments
With 300 employees and 13 restaurants across three countries, including a new MASH and a Sommelier in Germany, Copenhagen Concepts has plenty to do. The company recently published accounts shaped by expansions and great investments done to open in Germany, but also on Frederiksberg at the end of 2017.
– On paper our accounts aren’t the best, which we were fully aware of. We’re still growing organically and have many initiatives on the way, for example with Sommelier, which will now become a natural part of our plants for further growth – hopefully side by side with MASH like in Hamburg, says Jesper Boelskifte.
More than half a million guests – 514.00 to be exact – visited MASH in 2017.
MASH – Modern American Steakhouse – offers a great variety of meat and cuts from cattle from USA, Uruguay, Australia, Germany, Japan and Denmark along with a selection of appetizers, sides and desserts. The MASH restaurants also serve cocktails and a well assorted wine list of more than 600 bottles.
MASH now has 11 restaurants:
- Denmark: Bredgade, Rungsted, Skovriderkroen, Tivoli Hotellet, Lufthavnen, Frederiksberg, Aarhus and Odense
- Germany: Hamburg and Düsseldorf
- England: London
About Bistro Sommelier
Bistro Sommelier is development of Le Sommelier, which opened in 1997 in Bredgade in Copenhagen. Bistro Sommelier is a lively all-day bistro with the same quality and passion for wine as the original Le Sommelier restaurant and is now located in Düsseldorf, and from September 1st 2018 will also be in Hamburg. In Copenhagen Airport there also exists a bar- and bistro version: Le Sommelier Bar & Bistro.